Re: glibc hppa build failure - ulimit

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 09:26:10PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > If you want to change glibc at this point, discuss with Carlos; I can't
> > take care of it.  Just getting -22 built has taken most of my free time
> > for this week.
>
> Carlos?  This seems like your fault, how do *you* want to fix it?  ;-)

We have always had floating stacks in hppa, that's not the issue.
The issue here is that someone set the ulimit to 1GB. What does that
have to do with me? :)

If glibc sees a ulimit that isn't inifinty it attempts to set the limit
instead of enforcing the maximum limit (8MB).

This behaviour has been around forever, why is the kernel setting 1GB
limits instead of infinity?

c.