Re: Help debugging glibc pthread_join freezing on sarge using PD/pdp/Gem software

Well, you can try http://people.redhat.com/drepper/assumekernel.html

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19

That will avoid NPTL and should use the libc in /lib instead of /lib/tls

See how that works.  It could be that pd/gem tries to do multiple
thread_joins which will fail except in old pthreads.