Re: glibc - capaibility control mechanism

At Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:55:28 +0200,
Bastian Blank wrote:
> [1  <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:42:25PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > Note that 3 can be disabled on debian: /etc/ld.so.nohwcap.  Tough it
> > disables all hwcap mechanisms, we cannot select each hwcap bits
> > currently.
>
> So it is unusable if there exists i386, i486 and i686.

Platform is just the current executing architecture.  Even if there're
three different platform libraries, they are not used at the same
time.

> > > We have even some library packages in the archive which provides such
> > > optimized libs, they use its one hack to enable optimized libs.
> > Do you have any actual examples?
>
> atlas[23]-.*

Does atlas really need your proposal?  Why not to add CPU detection
and dlopen switch code in this library?

Regards,
-- gotom