Re: about mounting /dev/pts

On Mar 24, Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:

> Sounds like udev needs to run before everything else if it uses
> a ramfs as /dev .. can't you just say "if you want to use udev
> with a ram-based filesystem, run udev from initrd" ? I think
> that's what the general idea was, anyway ..
The general idea was to use initramfs, but I doubt it will be ready
before 2.7.x.

> Either that or udev should run at S01udev. Hmm, space is getting
> crowded there at the lower sequence numbers. Should I move
> S02mountvirtfs to S04, perhaps, so you can put udev at S03 or S02 ?
No. The problem is that udev needs as well /proc and /sbin, this is why
I asked you to run mountvirtfs before it.
If breaking mountvirtfs in two scripts is hard then it will be probably
easier to simply unmount and remount /dev/pts from the udev init script.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [5292 ecLuPlt9KXDjk]