Re: about mounting /dev/pts

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:00:38AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I forgot a crucial detail about mounting the kernel file systems early
> in the boot process: /dev/pts must be mounted after udev has mounted its
> own ramfs over /dev, so we will still need two different init script
> even after mountkernfs will be removed from libc6.

Umm, why does you udev package mount a ramfs over /dev?  The whole point
of udev is to filesystem agnostic.  And having real ondisk device nodes
in /dev sounds like very helpfull idea if you system is screw and you
only get into single user mode anymore.

After the devfs names thing I start to think you're trying to obsfucate
the way udev works in debian by intentention ;