Re: TLS-version of libc6/{testing,unstable} breaks libunwind

At Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:26:37 -0700,
David Mosberger wrote:
>   GOTO> I prepared 2.3.2.ds1-16_ia64 compiling without
>   GOTO> -fomit-frame-pointer.  It's added by debian/sysdeps/linux.mk.
>   GOTO> I put that version at:
>
>   GOTO> 	http://www.gotom.jp/~gotom/debian/debian/glibc/2.3.2.ds1-16_ia64.fofp/
>
>   GOTO> David, could you check it?  Unfortunatelly I have no
>   GOTO> permission to access chroot on ia64 to test this kind of
>   GOTO> problems.
>
> Thanks, but why ia64?  My bug-report was for i386.  There is no issue
> for ia64 (where omit-frame-pointer is a no-op).

Oops.  I didn't confirm which architecture was used.  Plus I should
know ia64 frame structure, too.

>   GOTO> I think it's good idea to drop -fomit-frame-pointer from
>   GOTO> linux.mk for building libc with NPTL.  If such optimization
>   GOTO> option is fine for specific architecture, it should be defined
>   GOTO> -fomit-frame-pointer in debian/sysdeps/*.mk.
>
> Does this mean you plan on rebuilding the i386 glibc without
> -fomit-frame-pointer?  That would be fine with me.

Yes, if it makes problem, and if it does not cause siginificant
performance drop, I think it should be modified.

Regards,
-- gotom