Re: woody->sarge upgrades on mips: glibc vs. kernel

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 03:10:49PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 08:01:13PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
[..snip..]
> > > If not, have they been tested with the modutils from woody?
> > At least 2.4.22 works with the modutils from woody (haven't checked a
> > newer version yet). This might be an alternative upgrade path, since
> > this version works with the glibc in sarge too.
>
> But not a particularly appealing one, since this requires us to keep two
No, not at all. I'd go with a modutils backport if necessary, this was
merely another alternative.

> sets of mips kernel sources around for sarge (2.4.22 and 2.4.26(7?)).
> Even if this means providing a backported modutils package, I think
No it wouldn't since 2.4.22 seems to work with both sarge's and woody's
modutils.

> being able to use 2.4.27 as the transitional kernel would be preferable.
> But if someone can confirm that mips 2.4.27 works with woody modutils,
> we may not need transitional packages at all, just instructions on how
> to upgrade.
I only have remote access to that machine, so if someone else could
check this i'd be nice, otherwise I'll step in.
Cheers,
 -- Guido