Re: libmqueue: worth packaging?

Hi,

At Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:42:57 +0200,
Mattia Dongili wrote:
> as per subject I'm interested in packaging libmqueue [1], but the
> author says it's been included in glibc 2.3.4 and thus no more actively
> maintained as a separate package.

I think the opinion of the arthor is quite sane.  It should be part of
C library.

POSIX mqueue is integrated in kernel 2.6.6 or 2.6.7 (in Apr 2004) and
it needs glibc 2.3.4, cvs version Apr 2004.  Yeah, at least Jakub
already implemented his original version in Dec 1999, when I got the
patch from him.

> Now my question is mainly if we'll have glibc 2.3.4 (and thus mqueue.h)
> in sarge, if not it would be probably useful packaging mqueue library
> (or merging it). Google didn't find references on the topic, so I'm
> asking the maintainers directly.
>
> thanks
>
> [1]: http://www-users.mat.uni.torun.pl/~wrona/posix_ipc/

At least I don't update glibc until sarge is released.  This means
that mqueue library is not available in sarge.  So I think it's good
idea to package libmqueue if you want to get it in sarge.  But once
sarge is released, I update glibc to the latest cvs (This is one
reason why I would like to release sarge as soon as we can.  Our glibc
becomes obsolete).

I leave the decision to you.  You can freely package libmqueue, but
it's meaningful until sarge is released.

Regards,
-- gotom