Using SVN instead?

I'd like to put forward the idea of moving the repo to svn (and
svn.debian.org).  Talking with pere online, he wants to clean up the
locales mess in our patches directory, some of which involves renames.

renames have bitten us a few times, and it would be nice to Stop The
Madness.

I prefer svn over arch because svn seems to work close enough to cvs
that I don't need to spend much time learning it.  I also think that the
upstream author of arch is an ass, but that should really be only a very
minor consideration. =)

Do others have thoughts?  I will cheerfully do the conversion mid this
week if everyone OKs it.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I never know what to expect when you respond to my postings. No insult
intended, you are merely a surprise :)