Re: [rfc] alpha-linux changing to 128-bit long double

[ Dropped external lists and people ]

GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> writes:

> We're no problem of the transition to libc6.2

Err, really?  The last time we tried a libc soname transition was
years ago, took an entire release, and involved probably only 10% of
the number of packages it would involve now.  Not to mention it was
for all architectures - I have no idea how this could be sanely done
for a single architecture.  Remember you have to rename all the
library packages...

--
James