Success with libc6_2.3.2-1

Hi.

I want to report a successful upgrade with the libc6-2.3.2 package. The
new packages were downloaded and installed last night, and things seem
to be working just fine. I'm running the 2.5.69-bk from May 13, so I
don't see any problem in running this library under the new kernel.

I did spot two glitches, one minor and one maybe not. The minor glitch
is when running 'ldd' on a program the first listed library has an extra
tab character added in the printout, so the printout looks a little odd.
The other glitch is seen when trying to execute the libc library itself;
this usually prints out some info about the library, but instead I see
an assertion error ...

$ /lib/libc-2.3.2.so
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1166: dl_main: Assertion
`_rtld_local._dl_rtld_map.l_prev->l_next == _rtld_local._dl_rtld_map.l_next'
failed!
$

Everything seems to be just humming along, so I'm guessing this
inconsistency is not a major problem ...

My thanks to all the developers working on Debian.

Art Haas

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic