Re: 2.3.2-1

Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:

> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 04:50:47PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
>
>> You upload it to experimental and then you ask porters to build & test
>> it.  I never suggested you personally had to test it.
>
> How do you expect that to work when porters weren't testing it when it
> was in unstable?  A large portion of the bugs filed 4 months after the
> initial upload pretty clearly demonstrated that noone had ever installed
> the new glibc on that arch and used it.

Eh? Examples?

> I don't know what a good answer is.  How much do we compensate for
> porters who don't take care of their toolchain?

Well you start by giving them a chance, i.e. upload it to
experimental, ask them to test & build it.  If they haven't bothered
to do anything after a sufficient period of time, then, fine, it'll be
their fault sarge is stalling and not yours.

On the other hand if you upload it straight to unstable knowing from
the start that it's broken on several release candidate architectures,
then it's your fault.

--
James