Re: [locales] Solving the "debconf is not a registry" issue

At Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:48:40 +0200,
Denis Barbier wrote:

> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:06:00AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > No, an EOL has to be added if last line is not empty but does not contain
> > > an EOL.
> >
> > Hmm, why?
> >
> > At least I think it's fine compared with an empty line is inserted one
> > by one.  Or am I missing?
>
> No, that's me, I misunderstood your test.
> But your solution will also add an empty line one by one, we need a flag
> to insert it only once, here is a patch.

Thanks for your patch, but I've committed another way.  In the first
checking for /etc/locale.gen, we look at the end of file, and if it
has any strings then put the new line.

> [...]
> > So I think my proposal is fine to present the locale name and its
> > language readable name at the same time.  User does not need to refer
> > the another document.
>
> Then please implement it, but do not generate the list automatically,
> otherwise translating will be impossible.

OK, I care this for #174190.

> BTW I forgot to ask you to run debconf-updatepo in debian/po/ in order
> to update PO files.

Indeed.  I've just run debconf-updatepo, thanks for your notification!

Regards,
-- gotom