Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:15:13 +0100 (CET),
Marco d'Itri wrote:
> In linux.debian.maint.glibc GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
>
> >I've commited this feature in order to mount both tmpfs and sysfs into
> >the latest debian glibc cvs just now.  Please check it.
> What about adding this too?
>
> if [ ! -f /proc/bus/usb/devices ]; then
>   mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb
> fi

Interesting.  My debian box uses USB + hotplug, and it mounts usbfs
automatically.  I don't know what hotplug is actually doing, but IIRC
usbdevfs is needed for this kind of hotplugging daemons.  Is it worth
while mounting with /etc/init.d/mountkernfs?  Any Comments are
welcome.

Regards,
-- gotom