Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:22:49 -0500,
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 06:39:13PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > On Dec 18, GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
> >
> >  >OK, I would like to rename from /etc/init.d/devpts.sh to
> >  >/etc/init.d/mountfs, because (1) for example there is mountnfs which
> >  >mounts nfs (2) umountfs in initscripts un-mounts filesystems, so
> >  >"mountfs" makes a name pair.  Any comments?
> > Looks good. OTOH, maybe it's not a good idea to pair mountfs with
> > umountfs, as they operate on different kinds of file systems, so
> > mountkernfs could be a possible alternative.
>
> Yes, I agree with Marco.

Thanks for all comments.  I withdraw my proposal "mountfs", and adopt
"mountkernfs".  "mountkfs" suggested by Martin Pitt looks also good
for me, but I concern that it may hit a namespace confliction with in
future filesystem named as "kfs" or something.

I've commited this feature in order to mount both tmpfs and sysfs into
the latest debian glibc cvs just now.  Please check it.

Regards,
-- gotom