Re: [2.3.2-ds1-8] libc6-i686 on that thinkpad...

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 08:07, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Is that a full libc6 then, and will it be used by all software on the
> > system if I upgrade the kernel?  Or is it only if there's the right line
> > in /etc/ld.so.conf?
>
> Or you could read the package description for libc6-i686.
>  Contains the standard libraries that are used by nearly all programs
> [...]

> I gather it needs its own FAQ.

I'm not clear on whether my machines will actually use that version of
the libc, since it's files are installed in /lib/tls/cmov and that is
not in the ld.so.conf.  I will try installing it again when I have some
time, run something, and use fuser to find out...  Or you could just
tell me.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@cs.pdx.edu>