Re: Testing/help needed - experimental glibc version

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:13:44PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > I built the new packages on one of our boxes, it appears to work
> > fine, however NPTL wasn't included.  Before I look into it too much
> > futher I thought I might do your packages support NPTL it on ia64,
> > and are there any flags etc I need to turn it on?

> No, it does not.  I believe that everything that would be necessary
> for ia64 to work is included in sarge at this point but I didn't want
> to enable NPTL without really being able to test it.

I have not manged to successfully compile a 2.6 kernel for ia64 (I
haven't put alot of time into it, mind you).  If someone can put a .deb
of one up on people.debian.org somewhere for me, I'll cheerfully get
NPTL running.

If you're not a DD and want to help, please send clear instructions on
how to usefully get a kernel built, including your .config file.
There's otherwise no reason why ia64 shouldn't have NPTL.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey