Re: glibc 2.3.2 intermediate status of the compilation (not test) on all archs

James Troup writes:
> GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> writes:
> > Matthias, could you tell me that --enable-sjlj-exception is really
> > needed for some archs?

arm still uses sjlj based exceptions in 3.3, so there is at least one
arch which does not have a choice.

> Yes, it's needed.  If we don't use it, we break binary compatability
> on those architectures and that is simply not an option. (AIUI, FWIW
> etc.)

these are m68k and hppa. not sure if it's an option or not. at least
for binutils glibc-2.3.1 shows failures where I see no ones with
2.2.3, is this fixed for 2.3.2?

> > Matthias, and could you tell me gcc-3.3 is really stable for all
> > architectures?  I heard that BenC claimed gcc-3.3 was broken for
> > sparc64...
>
> Yes, it's broken.  Sparc's been downgraded to 3.2 as default until
> davem has time to fix 3.3.

that should be rechecked with a current 3.3.x

btw, would it help to have two different glibc versions, i.e. 2.3.1
for arm, hppa and m68k and the new one for others?