Re: glibc 2.3.2 intermediate status of the compilation (not test) on all archs

GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> writes:

> * mips/mipsel:	no machine to build.  Guido, please check.

There are some debian mips/el machines now.  casals and williams
maybe?  I can't remember and db.d.o is still dead.

> Matthias, could you tell me that --enable-sjlj-exception is really
> needed for some archs?

Yes, it's needed.  If we don't use it, we break binary compatability
on those architectures and that is simply not an option. (AIUI, FWIW
etc.)

> Matthias, and could you tell me gcc-3.3 is really stable for all
> architectures?  I heard that BenC claimed gcc-3.3 was broken for
> sparc64...

Yes, it's broken.  Sparc's been downgraded to 3.2 as default until
davem has time to fix 3.3.

--
James