Re: unable to unsubscribe

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Shawn Clark wrote:

> and it wont remove me.
>
> I have also tried via the web form on the debian site. I get a
> confirmation message, i reply to it according to the instructions, but I
> continue to get mail from the list.

As is placed at the bottom of every e-mail on the list, you need to put
"unsubscribe" (only) in the subject line of the e-mail to d-g-r@l.d.o.  Also
in that footer is "Problems? e-mail listmaster@...".

Webform problems are likely to be on server end, so pestering listmaster@
would probably be reasonable.  I'd try unsubscribe in the subject first.

In general, e-mailing people on the list for help on how to get off it is
kinda pointless.  Pretty much the only people on the list are those that
don't know (truly) how to unsubscribe, since they've probably never done it
(from this list, anyway).  <grin>

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16