glibc and php4

Dear all,

So it turn out that sunrpc licensing is not affecting the release of glibc 2.3. I'm glad, but will still try to learn the sunrpc stuff and will try to help Jeff do the porting.

But meanwhile, as I have needs for php4, why do current glibc conflicts with it? and when does it scheduled to resolve the conflicts?

Anything I can help?
I really need php4 in two days!

If current glibc hasn't resolve it yet, what's the best way to temporarily have php4 on my machine? should I just download the tarball and compile it myself?

Thanks for the helps!

Best Regards,
arief_mulya