Re: cvs commit to glibc-package/debian by gotom

At Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:29:02 +0000,
James Troup wrote:

> GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> writes:
>
> >> Please don't do this.
> >
> > Look at the prior changelog in BenC's.
>
> Pointing to someone doing something wrong previously doesn't prove
> anything.
>
> >> If you aren't making a change in the package,
> >> then close the bug by sending mail to <bug>-done, not by adding
> >> something to the changelog.
> >
> > Why?
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200302/msg00788.html

OK, but what is the difference to send mail to
bugs-done@bugs.debian.org with "This is already fixed in 2.3.1-14"?
Well, there is no changes for fixing this bug in this release, but I
_confirmed_ with the enoumous consuming test in this release.

-- gotom