Re: help needed for defining hppa __clz_tab gcc-compat symbol

Hi,
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:01:41AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> It's my concern.  We're adding much symbols - my concern is (1) the
> script can't catch like this case, (2) your listed symbols are really
> needed for libgcc-compat.  Yes, apparently libgcc-compat is needed,
> but I wonder such a lot of symbols are really needed.  What do you
> think?
Adding too many symbols won't do much harm since programs compiled for
sarge won't use them - we shouldn't add unnecessary cruft though. We we
should ask the port maintainers to check which symbols are unnecessary
when we have the patches for all archs together.

> BTW, I've finished to make compat symbols for alpha, arm, ia64, m68k,
> and s390.  After some more tests, I send it to this list.
I added alpha and cleaned up mips a bit (removing two unneeded symbols),
it passes all the tests (although I had to increase the timeout for
test-lfs on escher, but I don't think that's related).
Regards,
 -- Guido

P.S.: many thanks to Ryan and Joey for their very quick responses to my
debian-admin questions