Re: 2.3.1-14

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 07:00:16PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Ugh. Surely the postinst should be changed to do something like:
> > > 	if [ -x /usr/sbin/update-rc.d ]
> > > 	then
> > > 		update-rc.d "$@" >/dev/null
> > > 		return $?
> > > 	fi
> "the former".  The latter is no meaning to put updatercd().

So why do you have updatercd anyway? The only reason I can think of
is that you might have to run libc6's postinst when update-rc.d isn't
available/working, but I think bootstrapping tools should cope with that
fine anyway.

If it's just meant to be "simpler & faster", it ought to be dropped
since it's less reliable.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''