Re: 2.3.1-14

At Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:02:28 +1000,
Anthony Towns wrote:
> Ugh. Surely the postinst should be changed to do something like:
>
> 	if [ -d /usr/lib/file-rc/. -o -d /usr/share/file-rc/. ]
> 	then
> 		update-rc.d "$@" >/dev/null
> 		return $?
> 	fi
>
> 	# sysvinit-style hack follows
>
> or, more sanely, something like:
>
> 	if [ -x /usr/sbin/update-rc.d ]
> 	then
> 		update-rc.d "$@" >/dev/null
> 		return $?
> 	fi
>
> 	# sysvinit-style hack follows

The latter is picked up.

> This can be left 'til -15 I suppose.
>
> > I heard Carlos is working for compat-hppa, Guido for other archs
> > libgcc compat things, but I think it can be added for -15, or glibc
> > 2.3.2.  Unless someone objects, I dupload it soon.
>
> Probably better to wait for a bit and use -15 to just fix more bugs,
> rather than moving straight on to 2.3.2.

It's sure that moving to 2.3.2 presupposes that libc6 -14/-15 goes to
sarge.  I already started to make 2.3.2 and libc6-i686 support
locally.  You may know that waiting libgcc-compat things for all archs
needs more days for test, as Guido said.  Yes, extracting sarge needs
more weeks.  *sigh*

Guido, Carlos, how long can you add libgcc-compat things?
If you need someone to make patches, I would like to help you.

Regards,
-- gotom