Re: Recent DJB package & GLibC problems

Dne po 23. of December 2002 22:32 Jon Marler napsal(a):
> To all users of the official QMail and Ucspi-tcp Debian source packages:
>
> I am aware of the recent libc6 problems, and appreciate your bug reports
> and input.
>
> I am currently analyzing what the best course of action to take is.  I am
> worried that if I make a quick patch to the DJB packages, that libc6 may be
> changed again, breaking the DJB packages again, which would require the
> change to be backed out.
>
> I will most likely be using the patch provided by: Jurriaan
> <thunder7@xs4all.nl> to fix both packages, once I have confirmed that the
> libc6 change is permanent. Is anyone able to confirm if this recent libc6
> change will be permanent?  If so, as of which Debian package release was
> this change made permanent?  (So I can correctly change the Depends: entry
> for the DJB source packages.)

Please add conflict with old qmail to libc6 package too. Think about this:
On update you get new libc6 and qmail-src. libc6 is updated, qmail-src is
updated but old qmail package is in the system. You can build and
install new qmail deb from qmail-src (by build-qmail) but you probably
can't be forced to do it right now. This can lead to big problem.

--
Petr Balas (petr at balas dot cz)