Re: cvs commit to glibc-package/debian by gotom

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:30:55AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:

> > >       - glibc23-function-compat.dpatch: Added for some bad application to
> > >         keep running and not to resolve some symbols like __libc_wait,
> > >         __libc_waitpid, so on. This patch will be removed when sarge will be
> > >         relased apparently. (Closes: #165358, #173201)

> > Have we agreed to this timeframe then?  I'm comfortable with that.

> I followed your proposal "this hack be removed the day after
> sarge is frozen/released", and I really second it.

Cool, thanks.

> BTW, should I add this issue to debian/FAQ, or other file?  It's
> trivial, so I don't care about it, but someone may want to know it...?

Mmmm..  Probably - Can we wait until -6 is out the door, though? It's
almost finished building on my box now (I started it after your changes
earlier).  So far it appears to be fine.  I'll test it in the morning.

Actually - Can various folks reading this take glibc-package and let me
know if it seems to work on your arch's? If yes, then I'm probably ready
to upload.  I'd like to set a threshold of, say, three arch's saying yes
for a given upload.  (I usually have that many available to me.  I don't
at the moment)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey