Re: install-info vs. perl 5.8

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:11:50AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:

> For those arches like i386, ia64 and ppc which
> are known to be okay we can set the Build-Depends to gcc (>= 3.2).

There is a configure time test for glibc that *Requires* gcc 3.2
Compiling with less than that is not an option.  That's why we can't
produce ultrasparc binaries for now.

We'll just have to run tests for other arch's.  You've consistantly
mention sendmail as a good test, so I'm sure there's a few other
complicated ones (apache comes to mind) that could probably be used to
sort out the compat issues.

--
At last you cry out in anguish: "Why me?"
God answers: "Why not?"