Re: Recent DJB package & GLibC problems

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 03:32:07PM -0600, Jon Marler wrote:
> To all users of the official QMail and Ucspi-tcp Debian source packages:
>
> I am aware of the recent libc6 problems, and appreciate your bug reports and input.
>
> I am currently analyzing what the best course of action to take is.  I am
> worried that if I make a quick patch to the DJB packages, that libc6 may be
> changed again, breaking the DJB packages again, which would require the change
> to be backed out.
>
> I will most likely be using the patch provided by: Jurriaan <thunder7@xs4all.nl>
> to fix both packages, once I have confirmed that the libc6 change is permanent.
>  Is anyone able to confirm if this recent libc6 change will be permanent?  If
> so, as of which Debian package release was this change made permanent?  (So I
> can correctly change the Depends: entry for the DJB source packages.)

Eh?  You don't understand the issue correctly.  If you use <errno.h>
(which is hopefully the fix you're talking about) then it will behave
correctly; old glibc, new glibc, whatever.

The change may be backed down for compatibility reasons, if we can get
it to work (dubious) but that's no excuse for not doing it the right
way.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz