Re: Recent DJB package & GLibC problems

To all users of the official QMail and Ucspi-tcp Debian source packages:

I am aware of the recent libc6 problems, and appreciate your bug reports and input.

I am currently analyzing what the best course of action to take is.  I am
worried that if I make a quick patch to the DJB packages, that libc6 may be
changed again, breaking the DJB packages again, which would require the change
to be backed out.

I will most likely be using the patch provided by: Jurriaan <thunder7@xs4all.nl>
to fix both packages, once I have confirmed that the libc6 change is permanent.
 Is anyone able to confirm if this recent libc6 change will be permanent?  If
so, as of which Debian package release was this change made permanent?  (So I
can correctly change the Depends: entry for the DJB source packages.)

I have asked Garrit Pape, the maintainer of the un-official packages, what his
thoughts are as well.

Bugs in reference:
   174005 - Ucspi-tcp-src
   174045 - Qmail-src

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Jon
jmarler@debian.org

This mail sent through Click2E-Mail http://www.click2e-mail.com