Re: Glibc upload this weekend

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:07:50AM -0600, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > I would like to do a glibc upload this weekend.

> What happened?

The debootstrap is building me a chroot right now.

It got dealyed this weekend because I got sidetracked by looking at the
apache bug, and also helping Carlos with the hppa stuff.

> We seem to be having some serious issues keeping glibc in unstable
> releasable -- it's spent all bar a couple of weeks since woody's release
> making "testing" useless...

Note that this upload won't fix the problem.  Hppa still won't work
(patches haven't been sent yet) and I decided that it was better to wait
until next upload to fix the arm combreloc problems (since otherwise
there probably wouldn't be an upload until next weekend - It's a
binutils bug that I'll be working around for now)

The ongoing solution to this is that when heavily development is
happening in glibc in the future (after they begin work on 2.4), I will
be creating a glibc-snapshot package so that we can track problems as
they come up.  In the meantime, the only arch I have absolutely no clue
about is sparc.  I think all the other ones are either uploaded and
being used or have a clear path in sight to getting there.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey