2.3.1 and jdk1.3.1_05

HI all,

I realize that this is a somewhat known problem but with libc6 2.3.1, java 1.3.1 (even with the latest patch) does not run:

$$ /usr/local/jdk1.3.1_05/bin/jar
Unable to load native library: /usr/local/jdk1.3.1_05/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

This is obviously a bit of a problem, made marginally less severe by the fact that jdk 1.4 seems okay.

Is there any way around this?  If not, could any one point me towards some 2.2.94 debs so I can down grade--this would be much appreciated!

thanks

Richard