Re: glibc 2.3.1 uploaded

Hi Jeff,
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:02:40AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Note for the mips folks: I applied the patch so you can compile, not
> the patches for the testsuite.  I'll catch those next round, hopefully
> with a CVS update so we get all the regex fixes too.
let me point out that without[1]:
 http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/glibc/patches/librt-mips.dpatch
glibc 2.3.1 does not even install on mips(el) since tzconfig fails.
The symbols for clock_{set,get}time are versioned incorrectly in our
woody glibc and the programs currently in the archive depend on
these incorrectly versioned symbols.
I might come up with another patch after looking into the current test
failures(which will not be too soon), but the above patch should work
around the problem fine until then.
Regards,
 -- Guido

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2002/debian-glibc-200210/msg00081.html)