Re: how to find symbols needed for libgcc-compat in glibc

Guido,
    I believe that is the broken behavior. These undefined symbols
are going out and getting resolved by some random library in an
undependable manner. If you rebuild the package providing
/lib/libuuid.so.1 with gcc 3.2.1pre, I suspect you'll see the
breakage. The point is that with gcc >= 3.1 these libgcc symbols
are now .hidden and shouldn't be accidentally presented for
run-time resolution by other libraries. Now you have to explicitly
do so from libc.so.6 with libgcc-compat code.
                            Jack