Re: glibc-2.3.1 release

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:44:15AM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> Done. The attached patch is against cvs checkout from this morning. I
> left out the arch specific patches to glibc itself. They're still pretty
> large.

Baring any typos, this should be committed now.

I'm a little curious why:

ifneq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM),linux)
        echo "slibdir = /lib"             >> $(objdir)/configparms
        echo "rootsbindir = /sbin"        >> $(objdir)/configparms
        echo "sysconfdir = /etc"          >> $(objdir)/configparms

isn't done by the Linux archs.  At first glance they seem like the
right options for there too.

learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
 - Wolfgang Jaehrling