Re: silent test suite failures to check

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:51:27AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:

>    So you're saying that on your build obj/catgets/tst-catgets.out
> is properly an empty file?

jbailey@outpost:~/cvstree/glibc-2.2.92/i386-linux$ ls -al obj/catgets/tst-catgets.out
-rw-r--r--    1 jbailey  jbailey         0 Aug 31 11:31 obj/catgets/tst-catgets.out

> Can you tell me how many locales you have generated locally? I am wondering
> if perhaps I have a bad one and it is sneaking into the test. On my machine
> I have...
>
> /etc/locale.gen with...

de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
en_CA ISO-8859-1
en_GB ISO-8859-1
en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8
en_US ISO-8859-1
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
fr_CA ISO-8859-1
fr_FR ISO-8859-1

> Then try rebuilding glibc 2.2.93 again and see if tst-catgets.out is
> still empty.

I haven't updated my snapshot files to 2.2.93 yet.  I'll start that
build when I leave for work.

Hmm.  I just looked:

ii  gettext        0.10.40-4      GNU Internationalization utilities

Maybe backrev your gettext and see if you can reproduce your failure?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
At last you cry out in anguish: "Why me?"
God answers: "Why not?"