2.2.92 on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu

Jeff,
    I am using the same debian glibc-2.3 cvs patches and
build scripts for glibc 2.2.92 and am having much more
luck here on debian ppc sid. After a muddled attempt
to create installable debian packages (always remember
to remove all the CVS crude from the build dir first, doh),
I got some built and installed. I am having no problems
here with my /etc/ld.so.cache. According to ldconfig -p
it is fully populated. So far so good...next stop prelinking.
                    Jack
ps Tomorrow I hope to work through some of the math test
failures as Jakub and Ulrich described.