successful build on ppc

Jeff,
    As I said in my previous message, I have built the current
debian glibc 2.3 cvs and it passes make check fine. As you saw
I also have run into the install-info perl problem. However look
at the other message I just posted in debian-glibc. I believe
I have a hack around the install-info problem by building a
texinfo with the redhat patches and manually copying its binary
version from util/install-info into /usr/sbin (after
backing up the dpkg perl one). I am currently building glibc
again and will confirm that this works later tonight.
                              Jack