New memset.S for PowerPC

gotom,
    In case you didn't notice, Steven Munroe from IBM has prepared
a set of patches to finally fix memset.S on ppc for both 32- and
64-bit hardware. He has posted the first half of the patch (the
32-bit part) for approval...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-08/msg00215.html

..and will post the second half for 64-bit after Geoff approves
the style of the first half. Steven is going to try to get these
into both trunk and glibc-2-2-branch. I would suggest we hold off
on releasing glibc 2.2.5-15 until he gets an approval (which should
be by Monday I would hope). Then we could either repull the cvs or
just add the patches (which would be easier). This will be well
worth having since we can then remove the hack in the rules where we
delete sysdeps/powerpc/memset.S. I have built the 32-bit part of
the patch (which is all I can test anyway) with both glibc 2.2.5
and 2.2.90...in both cases all the make check passes...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-08/msg00216.html

I'll let you know when the patches are accepted and/or in the
cvs.
                                                      Jack