new ppc libgcc-compat code in glibc-2-2-branch

gotom,
   The revised gcc-3.2-compatible sysdeps/powerpc/libgcc-compat.S code
is now checked into glibc-2-2-branch. I have built both the straight
glibc-2-2-branch checkout as well as debian glibc packages based off
of the 2.2.5-14 source package, by creating a new cvs patch vs the
current glibc-2-2-branch. In both cases, the glibc builds fine and
passes all of make check. On ppc we are set now for you to do
your glibc-2-2-branch cvs pull for glibc-2.2.5-15. The only caveat
at the moment is that you will need to wait for Chris Chimelis
to push his new binutils 2.13.90.0.4-1 packages into sid. Also
with this new pull from the cvs we will need a Depends added to
glibc on binutils (>=2.13.90.0.4) for the ppc. This is because
the new libgcc-compat code tickles some obscure binutils bugs
when the libc.so.6 from this code is used to build programs
against gcc < 3.1 (e.g. gcc 2.95.4). This bug is described here...

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-08/msg00173.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-08/msg00175.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-08/msg00180.html

With the new binutils 2.13.90.0.4 and a current pull from
glibc-2-2-branch, debian ppc will be in excellent shape to
be one of the first, if not the first, platform to switch
over to gcc 3.2 builds in debian ppc sid.
                        Jack
ps FYI, with the new expect 3.80-1 package that was added into
debian sid (fixing a bug causing spurious false failures in
the gcc testsuite), the current gcc 3.2 package in sid now
passes the testsuite correctly (matching the results that
are seen by Franz Sirl).