Re: debian/patches

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 12:23:27PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:

> BTW, some patches or bugs are already in upstream.
> I contacted to Ulrich yesterday when 2.2.6 would be released.
> The answer is "not decided yet, working 2.3 is more important".
> "update to current 2.2.5+ CVS" means after -13 glibc package stands
> on (a) the latest glibc-2-2-branch or (b) 2.3 CVS?

2.3 CVS does not run at all on hurd-i386 and is still ungoing major
changes with fairly minimal testing.  I think we need to stay away
from it for a bit yet.

> I think in the first we choose (a) is better (well, tests are
> needed, but standing on 2002-01-17 is something old).  That leads us
> not to include the patches pulling out from 2.2/2.3 cvs one by
> one. What do you think about it?

I'm all for a CVS update after -13.  I will get a package out
tommorow, though of what we have now plus my Hurd patches.  I'm trying
to get that port booting again. =(

--
I reincarnated for this?