Re: how do I upgrade kernel headers in glibc

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 03:40:12PM +0100, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently made a binary NMU of glibc in order to upgrade the kernel
> header files to 2.4.16. The problem is now that the locales package has a
> dependency to the 'old' (non-NMU) glibc. Any idea how to resolve this? How do
> other architectures deal with the kernel header issue?

For right now, you would have had to modify debian/packages.d/libc.mk by
hand to force it to provide glibc-2.2.4-7 instead of glibc-2.2.4-7.0.1.

You can do this, and do a glibc-2.2.4-7.0.2 to fix it if you want, or
wait for 2.2.5-1 within a few days.

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \