libc questions

Hello,

I have some questions about the libc package.

I thought /usr/include/linux/ and /usr/include/asm/ should be sets of
header files specific to the targeted binary kernel (usually the current
kernel). As I do a lot of development, and build my own kernels, I link
these to /usr/src/linux/include/*/ (respectively). I've found that
updating my libc6-dev package replaces these links with included sets of
header files.

Is this the proper behavior? I thought the kernel-headers package was
intended for that purpose?

Thanks,
Terence