Re: libX11 is borked (or is it glibc ?)

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 09:02:42PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> To compile against a library built under an old glibc, the library
> needs to be recompiled to the new libc.  I think there's already a
> forthcoming X 3.3.6 upgrade which will be rebuilt against woody glibc -
> right, Branden?

Not exactly.  When the 4.x packages are done, here's what will happen to
3.x, as can be previewed on samosa:

1) some 3.x servers will be built for alpha and i386
2) libc5-compatible X libraries will be built for i386

It is true however that the problem described will go away.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |   Never attribute to malice that which can