Re: Splitting locales and i18ndata from glibc into some sane packages

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 09:47:25AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 12:15:41PM +0200, Miros/law `Jubal' Baran wrote:

> > > oh boy. +-50 packages just to split it. :( As I saw the KDE ones, I probably
> > > could live with them, as they are huge, but i18ndata I'd left in one piece.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be good to implement subpackages into dpkg? And then
> > install only those locale subpackages which the user needs? Something
> > like:
>
> That blows the whole point. People would still have to download the whole
> damn thing.

True, but that's true about kde-i18n, too. Whether to adopt a foolish
consistency by killing the bug on kde-i18n or not splitting locales, or
just ignore the problem, is an question here.

Um, why are you worried about locales, then? It's only a couple MB to
download, in which case there are bigger fish to fry if we want to save
download time.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org