Compiling glibc from sources ...

Hi guys,

I'm new in this list and I want to start with a qustion about a thing that
was appened to me
and that I've seen appened to other peoples in Linux-C mailing list also.
Why I can't compile glibc from sources in a Debian system ?
When I've done it and my system become inusable someone told me that I
_must_ apply the
Debian patch to the original sources.
Now, I've not seen the patch, but IMVHO, it'll be better that a Debian user
could build glibc from sources.
It'll gave a feeling of a more "open" system.
I'll be happy if someone could explain me ( with few words ), why the patch
is needed.

Cheers,
    Davide.

--