Re: locales on m68k

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > ii  libc6           2.0.7.19981211 GNU C Library: shared libraries
> > is what I have. And what about gconv-modules? I guess we'll never get that
> > unless we switch to glibc2.1
> >
> > I do have an older locales version installed, so it does not bother me too
> > much, but what about people installing from scratch once potato is finished?
> > I hope the libc6 (>= 2.1.2) ist just a mistake and should really be >=2.0.7
> > or something?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong - isn't the locale package libc version specific?
> So the dependency should be on locale versions for libc >= 2.0.7 rather.
I think Roman said no some time ago, I upgraded to a 2.1 locales. Working
AFAIK. But if it was, there is no 2.0.7 locales since a very long time,
locales seems to be a binary-all package, so "our" version was silently
deleted when i386 switched to 2.1. Am I right?

> I installed with kernel 2.0.36. From what I've seen, glibc 2.1 behaves OK
> and I could install a number of glibc 2.0 packages without trouble. I
> wouldn't object to switching to 2.1.
Off-topic, but tell me in advance, when James comes visiting you, biting off
your head ;-)

Ciao,
Christian.