Re: locales on m68k

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> ii  libc6           2.0.7.19981211 GNU C Library: shared libraries
> is what I have. And what about gconv-modules? I guess we'll never get that
> unless we switch to glibc2.1
>
> I do have an older locales version installed, so it does not bother me too
> much, but what about people installing from scratch once potato is finished?
> I hope the libc6 (>= 2.1.2) ist just a mistake and should really be >=2.0.7
> or something?

Correct me if I'm wrong - isn't the locale package libc version specific?
So the dependency should be on locale versions for libc >= 2.0.7 rather.

Re: switching to libc 2.1 on m68k - I've had a TT running with David's
libc 2.1 base system and packages from his test area for quite a while
now. Built mac-fdisk on it, built a 2.2.10 kernel (and it even worked
after some asm cosmetics), used it as a print server with few problems.
About the only thing I didn't get to work was xterm (not enough ptys) but
I installed with kernel 2.0.36. From what I've seen, glibc 2.1 behaves OK
and I could install a number of glibc 2.0 packages without trouble. I
wouldn't object to switching to 2.1.

	Michael