Re: Postgis debian packaging

On 7/20/22 16:57, Marc Millas wrote:
I am porting a postgres 12 postgis 3.0.x instance from a windows machine to
a debian 11 machine.
as the app running on that db is quite long to test, the target MUST be
postgres 12 and postgis 3.0.x
I know that debian 11 comes with a postgres 13 and postgis distro, but it's
not the versions I need.

no pb to install the postgres 12.11 from postgresql.org

When installing a different postgresql version included in the Debian release, you need to install postgis from the apt.postgresql.org repo too:

 https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

When you need a different version of postgis than provided in Debian or apt.postgresql.org, you'll need to build it yourself.

but, when looking at the debian postgis page, I didnt find "nothing"
ie. I don't find what could be the name of the packet, and obviously not
the packet itself.

The postgis binary package Recommends postgresql-postgis which is provided by postgresql-13-postgis-3.

For postgresql-12 you'll need to install its postgis extension:

 postgresql-12-postgis-3

I am even unable to guess if such a packet do exist.

`apt-cache search postgis` is your friend.

Clearly, I do find a postgres-12-postgis-3 packet, but that one installs a
postgis 3.2.1  which is not my need.

Then you'll need to build the version of postgis that you need with the version postgresql that you use.

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334
www.mokadb.com
You should work with credativ, they provide PostgreSQL consulting and employ two of the maintainers of apt.postgresql.org.

 https://www.credativ.de/en/contact/