Re: Switching SAGA to cmake

On 4/14/22 13:32, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 4/14/22 11:21, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 4/14/22 10:36, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
As SAGA is switching to cmake[1], I'm now adjusting the debian package
build to use cmake as well.

For now I managed to build a working package, but I've disabled two tools
[2].

If I enable them, I get these errors:
--
:CMake Error at src/tools/io/io_shapes_dxf/CMakeLists.txt:10
(target_include_directories):

CMake Error at src/tools/io/io_shapes_dxf/CMakeLists.txt:11
(target_link_libraries):
   Cannot specify link libraries for target "io_shapes_dxf" which is not
built
   by this project.
--
if anyone has an idea why this happens, feel free to help fixing the issue.

"
  The named <target> must have been created by a command such as
  add_executable() or add_library() and must not be an ALIAS target.
"
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/target_include_directories.html

saga-gis/src/tools/CMakePluginTemplate.cmake call add_library and should likely be included after the project() call instead of at the end of the file.

Please act on the issues raised on the pkg-grass-devel lists:

 https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2022-April/094097.html  https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2022-April/094087.html  https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-grass-devel/2022-April/094086.html

I've pushed changes to fix several issues, please address the remaining ones.

You really need to push the upstream branch as it needs to be updated with another repacked upstream release from which the CC BY-NC-SA documentation is also removed. I have already deleted the 8.2.0+dfsg tag, you should delete that in your local copy too.

Did you see the related lintian issue?

  missing-field-in-dep5-copyright License [debian/copyright:252]

Do you have time to finish work on the package?

The CMake issues are fixed, but the patches still need to be forwarded upstream.

The copyright file needs an update too, see:

 licensecheck --deb-machine -r * | less

While fixing the CMake issues I also addressed many of the issues I raised on the pkg-grass-devel lists, but not all of them.

Regarding those issues I'm mostly wanting your feedback about your inconsistent email address use, and the libvigraimpex support.

libvigraimpex is blocked from migrating to testing by python3-defaults, removing its support from saga would help its testing migration.

But it needs to close the RC bug with the changelog entry for the removed Python support to be eligible for testing migration.

Does SAGA upstream have plans to move to setuptools or similar instead of distutils?